The dynamics of being a Stay At Home Mumma
We all come in different sizes, from different races and different choices! Yet we are all the same! Yes, we are the MOTHERS!!
We are the Mothers of Today’s World! We are Stay at home moms, we work – out of home/from home or we are single moms!
But what matters is, ‘WE ARE CONFIDENT MOMS!’
I distinctly remember the day of my first sonography, when I heard the soft thuds of my little one’s heart and it was at that very moment, I decided I would be a Stay-At-Home-Mom. It came as a shock to many who knew me, who knew I was so passionate at work. My parents and my in-laws were concerned about the choice I had made. Few of them wanted to know the real reasons.
But my real reason was to rejoice, cherish and celebrate the blessings of motherhood and spend as much time with my little one. My darling husband stood beside me rock solid.
And trust me, THIS WAS THE BEST DECISION I MADE IN MY LIFE! Now, let me tell you all, the perks of being a SAHM:
- I get to spend the maximum time with my child. Three years have passed by, there have been moments when I was depressed or furious, but that naughty smile of Ayaansh still makes my day. We play, read books, go shopping, do the crazy dance, sing like there is no tomorrow, cuddle and kiss every now and then, and still feel the day is not enough. I will be honest I feel a little jealous too, when there is extra excitement the moment he sees his father coming after work. But, this is happiness too!!
- My hands are full: I still am busy with my household chores and there is a lot happening in my brain too! Many people around us have a myth that a housewife has nothing to think about. But we do have. I like to plan my days right from clothes to cooking, the books I want to read, and the activities for Ayaansh, etc. I love arranging surprises for my loved ones and their reactions are my boosters for life.
- Pursuing Passions: Reading books and owning a library has been a dream from childhood and being at home gives me a lot of time to read a vast range of books. Also, cooking has been a therapeutic activity and have explored & learned various cooking styles like One pot One shot method among others. I learnt to make chocolates from the scratch, bake cakes & cookies, savouries and sweets, churn the icecreams, etc. Painting and gardening is yet another activity that I enjoy and now with the little one, it is a daily delight! We plant the seeds, watch it grow, enjoy the little pleasures together.
- Getting married to a joint family helped me to learn the home management skills, and now that we are in a nuclear setup, it has been easy for me to implement those. So, I pay the bills, keep my house clean and do my day-to-day activities with ease. This has happened only because I am SAHM. Yes, I am dependent on my husband for finances, but I manage my home as per my convenience and set of rules.
- I work! The tiny squares in Instagram have kept me busy and now with this blog, I intend to keep myself busier than usual. Afterall, when the little one grows and starts schooling, I got to utilize my time and, who doesn’t enjoy earning the extra pennies! Moreover, I loved working for brands – planning their campaigns and commercials, so why not brand myself, right?
There are varied reasons for a women to choose her path of motherhood. Few of us love to stay back at home, few of us manage both the aspects and few us love their work and hire a help.
So what? We all are mothers – Women who have preferences in life!
Women who like to follow their heart!
Women who believe that ‘A Happy Mother Raises A Happy Kid’
And a women who belives:
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”
Yes, Dr. Seuss(Oh,The Places You’ll Go!) we get to decide where we want to go!
This Post is a part of the #MomsSpeakUp Blog Train Hosted by Prisha of Mummasaurus and Nayantara of MommyingBabyT.
I would like to thank Kadambari Mehta for introducing me. Read their take on the Prompt here (https://babybookbabbles.com/5-books-that-help-me-raise-a-mighty-girl-momsspeakup/).
I would like to Introduce Namrata Kalia. I’m sure you will enjoy reading her take on the prompt. Visit her blog here https://momzandmore.com/yes-i-am-a-stay-at-home-mom/